Ms. Travel Chic: Ms. Travel Chic Travels! - Italy
Save on Vacation Packages from Fare Buzz!

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Ms. Travel Chic Travels! - Italy

In Celebration of my 1yr Blog-anniversary I am featuring photos from my favorite travel destinations. Last week I shared details on my Greece trip (check it out here)..and this week we go to ITALIA!

Enjoy...

In Fall of 2012 I spent 8 wonderful days touring Italy with 4 of my closest friends! This was another Gate 1 Travel trip (they are the BEST!) 
We started in Venice (did you know it was an island?) and spent two days shopping, touring museums and off course a gondola ride...


Venice from Rialto Bridge



Enjoy a gondola ride while sipping champagne:)
Venice (no vehicles are allowed)

We then drove through the stunningly beautiful Tuscan countryside towards Florence that included a pit stop for lunch & wine tasting. Wine tasting in Tuscan Countryside? Bucket List..CHECK! 



Florence was by far my favorite stop on our trip! Two Words: GUCCI OUTLET! :-) ..oh and another important word: Michaelangelo's David!! No photos were allowed inside The Gallery of the Accademia di Belle Arti but the statue was beyond breathtaking! 

There was plenty of gelato on the trip..



..and pizza:)



After those few days in Florence that were full of more wine, shopping and pasta we headed towards Rome and made a quick stop at this stop..


Leaning Tower of Pisa



I spent half of my time in Italy with my jaw dropped in awe of all the magnificent architecture! 

Next stop the ancient city of Rome...


Coliseum at Night

Imperial Palace
We spent time during the day at the Vatican (the Pope was home!) and then on our last day went back to see the beauty of St Peters at night....

St. Peters Square 


..and on our last night in Rome we headed out to dinner and an opera! Perfect end to a wonderful trip:)


Headed to dinner and opera in Rome


Is Italy on your bucket list? If you've already been, what was your favorite stop?

Ciao Bella :)
post signature

8 comments:

  1. Yes Italy was on my bucket list and done Venice, Florence, Siena and Pisa this last June and Rome in 2012. Italy is beautiful!!! Venice was my favourite though, busy and hectic but such a unique city built on water. My 3 days in Siena was a welcomed break from the rapid pace of Venice and Florence. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Venice is very unique we made it out right before a bad flood came. I want to visit Southern Italy and Amalfi coast next! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Yes, Italy is on my bucket list. Congratulations on your one year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Italy is definitely on my bucket list. It's in my top 3! I'm obsessed lol. Venice and Rome are a must for me! Congrats on your one year anniversary as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite was Florence and Rome is very urban and modern! Seeing all the ancient ruins and majestic fountains mixed in with the modern architecture was so cool. Thx!

      Delete
  4. I just booked my ticket to Italy for my 40th birthday next year. I am beyond excited! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete