Ms. Travel Chic: #Blogalicious5 Conference Recap: Lessons on living out your dreams
Save on Vacation Packages from Fare Buzz!

Thursday, October 10, 2013

#Blogalicious5 Conference Recap: Lessons on living out your dreams


Over the weekend I attended the 5th Annual “Be Blogalicious conference Oct 3-5 at Hyatt Regency in Downtown Atlanta, GA. Since 2009 the weekend event has brought women on color in the blogging, social media and entrepreneurial field together to “collaborate, connect and uplift one another”..and it did just that! 
As a still fairly new blogger this year I have been all about seeking all the knowledge, resources and connections I can to keep my blog growing.
I was blessed enough to enjoy this experience thanks to an amazing organization I am involved in, Color Comm (Women of Color in Communications). Color Comm raffled off a FREE registration and I WON! So I knew it was meant for me to be there! I booked a Delta flight ASAP, found a roommate share and of course went shopping so I could be chic and fashionable at the conference:)




The weekend was one of the most informative, fulfilling and energetic conference experiences I've ever had. Key sponsors included: McDonalds, Kia, Wells Fargo, Pic Monkey, Moo and Xfinity. There was a #Scandal watch party with all-star blogger Luvvie, keynote speech from Editor in Chief of Ebony Magazine, Amy DuBois Barnett, breakfast & interview with actress, Adrienne Bailon, ORS Hair Care healthy hair panel with Cynthia Bailey from RHOA and complimentary headshots from Wells Fargo.

Test driving the Kia Cadenza #DriveKia

I am #MorethanMyHair

I learned so much but here are 4 lessons from the conference that will help YOU live out your dreams: 

Be Authentic. It’s okay to be “multi passionate” – Be Blogalicious founder Stacey Ferguson coined this word and I LOVE it. As someone who is involved in many organizations, business ventures and networks you can begin to think that you are just “all over the place”. It also doesn’t help when your friends & family may not support your multiple passions. However the key word here is “passionate”. You aren’t just doing work, you are doing something that you truly have a heart and desire for. This was confirmation for me to continue to keep going towards my dreams and goals.

Met one of my favorite TV personalities Tanika Ray

Fun with new blogger friends!


Be Strategic. Aim for productivity not “busyness” – Balancing blogging, family, work and travel can be overwhelming! A panel of blogging experts shared tips on how we can work smart and not hard. Creating twitter lists, having an editorial calendar, scheduling tweets and having a plan for you day. So often we can get caught up being “busy” that we aren’t even productive. I’ve already started applying some of these tips!

Supermodal and #RHOA Chynthia Bailey
Be Clear. Getting clear about your vision will produce success – Life stylist and author Harriette Cole led a dynamic small group session on “Mastering your Elevator Pitch”. We learned how important it is to be authentic, clear and engaging when networking and promoting yourself.  She coached us and allowed one by one to stand in front of the group, give our pitch and share her feedback. Her words were very inspiring: “It is possible for you to make your dreams come true but you must first dream”. I also picked up her latest book of meditations: “108 stitches: Words to Live By” 

So much fun at the #Scandal Watch Party

Won this autographed book from the "Real Olivia Pope"

Be True to Yourself. You OWN your Life – Amy Dubois Barnett’s keynote on 7 lessons on being true to yourself was a gamechanger! She spoke to embracing fear as you grow as woman and pursue your dreams, then she dropped this gem: "Nobody can crawl into your skin and live your life for you. It is up to YOU! No one is coming to save you. You OWN your life" with those dynamic words I felt like I was in church, Hallelujah and Amen! The responsibility is on us to take care of ourselves, know our worth and live a meaningful life.

Photo Booth fun at McDonalds 90's Party

Is there a way I can register NOW for #Blogalicious6? I can’t wait for another amazing experience!

Check out ColorComm network for more information on membership in DC, NYC and Chicago.


Also make sure you are subscribed to get my blogs right in your inbox here

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Awesome recap! Blogalicious 5 was a BLAST!!! Cant wait till next year!

    ReplyDelete