Ms. Travel Chic: "I'm in Love with a Church Girl": Adrienne Bailon Interview
Save on Vacation Packages from Fare Buzz!

Thursday, October 17, 2013

"I'm in Love with a Church Girl": Adrienne Bailon Interview


Last week during the #Blogalicious5 conference I had the opportunity to attend a press breakfast with Adrienne Bailon. 
Adrienne most known for her role in Cheetah Girls, formerly part of the pop singing group 3LW and current co-host on “The Real” daytime show was there promoting her new film “I’m in Love with a Church Girl” 

“Church Girl” is loosely based on the true story of writer Galley Molina. The faith based film “is a powerful, inspiring story of a love between a man and a woman, a gift of second chances, and a family at home and in church that never stops praying and believing.” (Source

During the press breakfast, Adrienne shared with us her own faith journey, the ups and downs of celebrity and why she is so excited about this film. 






On being chosen to play Vanessa in “Church Girl”: Galley felt God put it in his heart for her to play the character Vanessa. Bailon knew she would say yes to the movie before even reading the script. “Doing a faith based movie was important, growing up in church all those things that were poured into me have gotten me to where I am” Bailon loves that her character in the film, Vanessa, was non-judgmental, showed unconditional love and was most importantly FLY, she had the crowd laughing when she commented “Jesus didn't say we couldn't have style, you can be fly and love Jesus" A-M-E-N! 

Misconceptions of being celebrity: "I wasn't raised with a silver spoon in my mouth. I have parents that have worked incredibly hard. There are no celebrities in my family. When you come from not having much, I felt so grateful for the opportunity I had." 




Her success in Hollywood: "I truly believe when God has a plan for your life, somehow it works. Gods timing is perfect timing" 

On being a role model and message to young girls: "The best thing we can do is show were not perfect, we all make mistakes, we don't always do the right thing, sometimes we try to be someone were not but it's about picking yourself up moving forward and not giving up" 

Bailon encouraged us all to go see the movie! It’s a great love story with a message of hope, faith and love. You will leave inspired and motivated! 

"I’m in Love with a Church Girl” hits theaters this weekend October 18th. 




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment