Ms. Travel Chic: 3 Travel Tips for a Chic Spa Getaway
Save on Vacation Packages from Fare Buzz!

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

3 Travel Tips for a Chic Spa Getaway




JW Marriott Camelback Inn Resort
Last month I headed to Scottsdale, Arizona for a spa getaway weekend with one of my longtime girlfriends. It was my first time in Arizona since I was a kid (road trip from Texas to Vegas included a stop in Flagstaff) and I was looking forward to visiting one Scottsdale’s many world renowned spas. The weekend was full of relaxation, indulgence, good food and great wine!

Here are three tips to help you plan a chic spa getaway:

Make it an all-day affair

We did our spa day at the JW Marriot Camelback Inn Resort, one of the top rated spas in Scottsdale! I had a full body massage and a body scrub; spent some time in the hot tub and sauna. We wanted to have some privacy as well so we rented one of the private cabanas poolside to relax in between treatments. We were served food & drinks and enjoyed the shade of the cabana on what ended up being a steamy Arizona day! We literally stayed until the spa closed at 7:30 p.m. :-) 

You need to put in some major hours at the spa to take full advantage of all the offerings!     


   Pick a resort or day spa that will give you full access to all their facilities. In addition to massage services, make sure a whirlpool, steam room or sauna, salon and restaurant is on site. Some resorts even offer access to fitness and yoga classes and gyms. You want a resort that will be relaxing, private and have plenty of amenities for you to indulge in. 




Unplug and Catch Up

Technology can have a way of taking over your life. Some of us can get so caught up in the “online” world that we aren't present and fully enjoying the REAL life when are in. Our spa had a strict no cell phone policy. So it was nice to not be bothered are hooked to a device for almost 8 hours. *Note: I did use my iPad to listen to music and my audible book while in the cabana*. I found that I was able to catch up some reading and rest during the weekend. I did update my twitter/blog a few times but outside of that it was nice to be away from the constant barrage of email, notifications and text messages that are generally a distraction.

Unplug from as many of your devices as possible and take the time to catch up on reading, writing or relaxing. It will make the experience more peaceful.




Eat, Drink and Be Merry

From the moment we landed we were in search for some good food and a happy hour! HA! I love to try out new food and sample the local cuisine while I am in a new city. One of my fellow blogger friend’s @RealTalkNic had already recommended we try out Cowboy Ciao and it was divine! We tried the house specialty chopped salad and an interesting dish: Chicken Fried Trout. Yummy! We enjoyed bottomless Mimosas and Bellini’s at Sunday brunch and sampled some great local wines at SuVino Winery.

Conversation and laughs over a great meal always makes for a good time.











Me and my friend at SuVino Winery


post signature


2 comments:

  1. This is also a great post that I enjoyed reading. When faced with a difficult decision, you may find yourself paralyzed and unable to move forward. You can use this in any situation to get the right decision. Make the most of this article yes no by reading it, leaving a comment, and making a great day out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on the right track, I have to say. It’s detailed and interesting, so many people will love it. After many searches, I found this article spacebar test with many ways to check my typing speed, read it and solve your problem.

    ReplyDelete