Ms. Travel Chic: What's in my Bag? Beauty Travel Essentials
Save on Vacation Packages from Fare Buzz!

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

What's in my Bag? Beauty Travel Essentials

This weeks blog is a guest post from one of my favorite beauty bloggers Beauty School Scarlet (@abeautyscarlet). Enjoy! 

5 Beauty Travel Tips to Keep You TSA Approved

Do you ever have trouble packing the right beauty products for your vacation??? Do you get confused on what to take and what to leave??? Do you have to check your bag EVERY single trip because you just have too many products??? If you answered yes to any of these questions…then you need to continue, read on and join the club…LOL. These are Beauty Blogger problems that I face on constant basis and I am tired of the TSA making me check my bags all the darn time L. I have decided to take matters into my own hands and share my top 5 beauty tips to help us all overcome this problem :) 



Tip #1: This tip is easy but it took me forever to see what was right in front of my face (don’t judge me, I have seen the light and opened my eyes). If you are taking a trip, when you shop for your beauty products, always shop the travel section. Every store has one these days from Target to Sephora and everything in between. The travel section offers sizes that are TSA approved. My go to travel section for skin and hair products is the Beauty To Go area in Sephora. They offer the brands that I love and the products that I use.



Tip #2: Forget the Ziploc bags and get a plastic see through bag from a drug store to fill all of your travel sized products. A see through makeup bag holds more than a Ziploc bag and they last longer…trust me I know!!! As a Beauty Blogger, I can never get all my travel size products in a Ziploc bag as I am always adding more…LOL. I found a great bag from Walgreens that had plastic travel size bottles inside. I chucked those because they would leak in my bag and replaced them with old bottles as I finish the product inside…genius, I know!!! LOL


Tip #3: Utilize the space inside your bag for non-liquid items like deodorant, pressed powder, toothbrush and liquids like contact lens solution (yes, this is okay…the TSA will not tell you but I will). You can have contact lens solution in a travel size inside of your suitcase and get through security. Trust me…a TSA Agent informed me on this tip :-) Winning!!!


Tip #4: Purchase multifunctional beauty products that will allow more room in your suitcase like a makeup palette with eye shadow and blush or eye shadow, blush and lips. Trust me, you are not going to use 10 colors on vacation (if you do, then you are a bigger makeup junkie than me and I am not sure that I can help you)…IJS. You can also purchase makeup wipes that cleanse, tone and moisturize so you do not have bring a cleanser, toner and moisturizer.





Tip #5: If you don’t have sensitive skin or if you are not picky, leave your shower gels and shampoos behind. You can utilize what the hotel offers or you can do what I do…shop when you get to your destination. These days a lot of hotels offer decent brands for shower gels and shampoo for free (and if it is a good brand and it’s free…then it is totally for me)!!!

So there you have it, the top 5-beauty travel tips from a Beauty Blogger!!! I hope this has helped you as much as it as helped me. I travel just about every week and it is not always that easy. BTW…I always have 2 of everything in case I have to check my bag and the airline misplaces (I mean looses) my bag!!! I keep 1 set at home and 1 in my suitcase and this is what works for me. Happy Packing!!! 

MUAH!



Guest Blogger Beauty School ScArlet is The Siskel & Ebert of all things beauty!!! She tries before you buy to let you know if the product is worth your investment. Her mission is to be the go to Beauty Maven for anyone who seeks information on all things beauty!!! Follow her on Twitter @abeautyscarlet

No comments:

Post a Comment