Ms. Travel Chic: A Bucket List : Travel Edition
Save on Vacation Packages from Fare Buzz!

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A Bucket List : Travel Edition

I was browsing around in one of my Travel Facebook groups when I ran across this cool photo. A travel bucket list! I got excited when I realized that I'd visited 9 out of 14 of these locations! **pats self on back**
This got me to thinking about what else was on my personal travel bucket list












When I travel I am all about an “experience”. It’s not enough for me to go to Jamaica and lay on the beach or in my hotel the entire time. I need to get out climb a waterfall, go snorkeling or something! LOL!

While I never wrote them down, there were always a few places and experiences I couldn't wait to “check off the list”:

  •       Wine tasting in the Tuscan Countryside – October 2012                                                         
  •       Tour the White House in Washington D.C. – June 2005
  •       Gondola Ride in Venice– October 2012
  •      “Swim” with the Dolphins – April 2013 (Cabo SanLucas)


....and here are some remaining items on my bucket list: 
  •     Safari ride in South Africa
  •     Honeymoon in a hut on the Fiji Islands
  •     Christ the Redeemer Statue in Rio De Jainero Brazil    
  •     Shopping in Tokyo
  •     Evening stroll in Paris near Eiffel Tower
  •     Mt. Rushmore Memorial, South Dakota
  •     Attend a performance at the Sydney Opera House, Australia

                                 

I’m sure as my wanderlust deepens I will be adding more to this list! So what’s on your travel bucket list?

post signature

7 comments:

  1. Great bucket list! We have some of the same travel spots! Ok, now I know what that statue is and where it is, adding it to my list!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that statue amazing?! I can't wait to see it in person! Planning to go to Rio in 2016 for the Olympics!

      Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. Visit some of the Castles on the Rhine, paint for an afternoon in the Tuscan sun, visit Standing Stone sites in Ireland, England and France.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lou! Thanks for stopping by. Ooh definitely adding the Castles and stones to my list. My time in Tuscany was just way to short! I want to go back and spend time there taking a cooking class, more wine and painting sounds wonderful!

      Delete
  3. I also love to travel and I love your blog. The bucket list is so cool. I think I will create one of my own. I have been traveling since I had enough money to buy an airplane ticket-right after college, in fact.
    My favorite trips so far were to Bahia and Rio, Brazil (yes, I visited Christ the Redeemer); Istanbul, Turkey (a really interesting and amazing city); Capetown and Johannesburg, South Africa and a 7 city tour of Morocco!
    Your wonderful posts have inspired me to start blogging about some of my travels from a healthy living perspective on my blog. Let's stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got back from London and Paris which were on my bucket list (afternoon tea in London and outside cafe in Paris) . I've also walked the strip in Vegas, climbed Table Mountain and saw Robben Island in Cape Town. I wrote my name in sand in Costa Rica. and had a beignet in New Orleans. What's left? Christ the Redeemer in Brazil, learn how to throw a boomerang in Australia, experience the healing waters of the Greek Isles, and a reggae party in Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list, and good for you! I'm preparing a bucket list with my hubby. I don't particularly like traveling alone, and since we're married, we talked about some things we'd like to do before amusing parks and kids clubs take over our lives. We're going to do a "Pre-Baby Bucket List," and yours is DEFINITELY inspiring!

    ReplyDelete