Ms. Travel Chic: Perfectly Imperfect
Save on Vacation Packages from Fare Buzz!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Perfectly Imperfect



Happy New Year!
Last year when I kicked off 2012 I said I wasn’t going to make New Years Resolutions rather I was going to make a “Commitment List”.


It was very ambitious: Blog weekly, wake up at 6:15am. on Wednesdays, go to boot camp 3 times/week, pray and journal every night, only spend 1hr on Facebook a day and go out to eat ONCE a week.

I kept this up for 3 weeks and after that all bets were off! It was clear I had commitment issues. I initially started to beat myself up about what a failure I was for not being able to discipline myself to stick with "the list". 



Then I realized I was setting myself up to fail with the strict commitments I was placing upon myself. I was trying to be perfect and prove something but it just wasn’t realistic.  I really should have known better.



Truth is we are all human -- flawed and imperfect in many ways.



I’ve learned it’s important to know your flaws and learn how to work around them. Personally, I'm not good at sticking to routines, I don't like rules and I have always had a tendency to rebel. Occasionally I win in the self control battle, other times I fail, sometimes miserably. So instead of trying to change myself into a more "perfect" version of me, I learned to embrace my imperfections and not hold myself in judgment behind my “less than perfect” track record.  If I don’t follow in the perfect path that someone thinks I should, I will not be making any apologies. I am unique and one of a kind, imperfections and all and my only goal is to be the best ME I can be!


So, am I saying we shouldn’t discipline ourselves, exercise self control or set goals? Not at all.
I have goals, a vision board and daily affirmations. I am still committed to progression in my health, spiritual, work and love life. Though in 2013 and beyond,  I vow to flow with the current and seasons of life, say goodbye to guilt and keep pushing until I reach my goals, no matter how long it takes.





5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this post. You talked about knowing your imperfections and working around them - that was profound! We are truly kindred spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Being uniquely imperfect is what makes us so great and this life journey one to live and enjoy! Thanks for sharing. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A push-button or simply button is a simple switch mechanism to control some aspect of a machine or a process. Buttons are typically made out of hard material, usually plastic or metal. The surface is usually flat or shaped to accommodate the human finger or hand, so as to be easily depressed or pushed. Spacebar counter


    ReplyDelete